Lower Back Pain
Alleviate Lower Back Pain with Chiropractic Care
Lower back pain is such a common complaint that four of every five back pain sufferers seek treatment. Pulled muscles or damaged discs, injuries are just a few causes of back pain and can occur anytime, anywhere.
Traditionally, lower back pain treatment has employed muscle relaxants, pain-killers, rest, hot packs and cold packs, and physical therapy treatments like traction. When these measures do not resolve the problem, surgery is often performed.
Unfortunately, surgery is not always effective, and many patients report a recurrence of symptoms within a year or two of undergoing surgery. In fact, it is so common for back surgery to be ineffective, there is actually a condition called Failed Back Surgery.
How Do The Georgetown Clinics Treat Lower Back Pain?
At the Georgetown Clinics, a thorough physical and neurological examination is performed to help determine the cause of lower back pain. These exams include:
- X-ray: Long known as an effective tool for the analysis of injury and illness, our medical clinics are equipped with x-ray for convenience and ease of diagnosis.
- Electromyography (EMG) Testing: EMG tests the electrical activity in in muscles, which may help physical medicine specialists more accurately diagnose and treat the cause of a patient’s pain.
- Functioning and Performance Testing: Before beginning chiropractic manipulations or physical therapy sessions, our dedicated healthcare professionals will first evaluate the spine to assess the level of damage the spine has endured.
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) Testing: For patients that experience numbness or tingling, our physical medicine experts will run a nerve conduction velocity test (NCV) to detect signs of nerve injury. By measuring how the speed of electrical impulses as they travel along a nerve, we can determine the degree of nerve damage.
Once a diagnosis is made, the clinic’s team of physicians determines the best course of action, which may include:
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Rehab Exercises
- Topical Medical Pain Relief
- Prescription Medication
Georgetown Clinics have even had success with helping people who are suffering after failed back surgery.
If you’re suffering from acute or chronic lower back pain, the Georgetown Clinics can help. A multidisciplinary practice, committed to alleviating pain through the use of evidence-based treatments, the Georgetown Clinics provide lower back pain relief by creating a customized treatment plan for each individual patient.
*Results may vary
Call Georgetown Clinics today for your FREE consultation! 404-255-0666